Question about pups

bainsstatic

• Members

So I'm going to the local SPCA tomorrow to adopt a couple of new pups... suggestions?

JK JK, Seriously though...

I have a Schecter C-1 Elite. Sometime in the near future I'd like to change pups. Question is, how can I actually test 'em out to see how they play in my guitar? Sure, I could test out a Les Paul fitted with some EMG 81's or whatever but it wouldn't be the same. Will guitar shops return pups that have been tested? I doubt it.

Also, the question is, what do I want? I'm looking for something ala the Crowbar heavy palm-mute sound, but I'll be playing mostly thrash. After reading quite a lot about how good Duncans are, I'm sorta leaning towards those but nothings in stone yet. Please enlighten me.

• Members

Originally posted by bainsstatic

So I'm going to the local SPCA tomorrow to adopt a couple of new pups... suggestions?

JK JK, Seriously though...

I have a Schecter C-1 Elite. Sometime in the near future I'd like to change pups. Question is, how can I actually test 'em out to see how they play in my guitar? Sure, I could test out a Les Paul fitted with some EMG 81's or whatever but it wouldn't be the same. Will guitar shops return pups that have been tested? I doubt it.

Also, the question is, what do I want? I'm looking for something ala the Crowbar heavy palm-mute sound, but I'll be playing mostly thrash. After reading quite a lot about how good Duncans are, I'm sorta leaning towards those but nothings in stone yet. Please enlighten me.

someone does returnable ones, can't remember who it is, but they have to be re-sellable, so go easy with the soldering iron.

Try Seymour, they might have a bin full of test pups they can send out. they send em out to guitar mags for reviews after all, so they must have some seconds...

Archived