Cheap strat with maple fretboard

MorganBucks

• Members

to drop a good humbucker in I have laying around. Are those Indiana Guitar Company Strats playable? Or should I just get the Fender Musicians Friend has on clearance if I want a HSS Maple neck Strat? I don't care what the name on the neck is. Just want a cheap beater that stays in tune... somewhat.. Thanks for any info in advance!

• Members

You can find the used Peavey USA Predators for around $100, and they are very good quality guitars.

I've been playing them since the early 1990's side by side with my Fender USA Strats...

I've got some of mine set up with different configurations, one with dual humbuckers, one with dual humbucker sized P90's, and of course some of them with various types of single coils...

These use the standard size Fender pickguards.

Here are a few of them, along with a Peavey USA Reactor "Tele"..

mainplayer1.jpg

mainplayer2.jpg

• Members

I'd been looking for a strat with a maple fretboard for the longest time, and then one day I go into the local shop and I find it! ...... a bullet! baby blue with a maple fretboard.... its beautiful..... and 80 bucks! except for some high pitches squealing at high volumes and a thinner finish on the neck, its very competitive with my mia tele.

Archived