Tele guys, I'd like your thoughts on some guitars.

Mech

• Members
Originally posted by Mech

Thanks guys, I really apprecaite the info.

aclarke:

I'm glad to see someone support the ASAT, even though you own a nocaster. I did try out a Gatton model yesterday, nice, but a lot of $$. I think they are now made with Bill Lawrence p-ups, since Bardens are no longer available.

Keep checking for a used '52 RI- they surface a fair amount and are a really good bang for the buck. www.12fret.com and www.capsulemusic.com are both really good canadian shops - 12fret has an absolutely stellar reputation, really good guys to deal with. Probably one of the best used shops in canada. They also get in G&L stuff from time to time.

'course, there are some really good shops on Whyte avenue too - I played a gatton model in a shop down there a few years back.

(by the way, read my sig again - do you really think anyone would do that to a nocaster? ;) )

• Members

aclarke:

Actually I tried the Gatton Model at "Avenue Guitars" on White, the (old Cameron's). That place has millions in guitar stock.

I'm not planning to make a purchase until spring, and I'll be moving to Calgary in may, so I will likely buy something htere.

thanks again guys!!

• Members

I have owned a G&L classic tele, and currently own a Anderson Hollow T classic. The G&L is a great guitar, no doubt. However, the classic's pickups are quite bright, and I found the neck a bit too narrow and thin. (might want to think about a rosewood board with those pickups) Can't really go wrong with it if these things don't bother you. Playability was great, quality about on par with american Fenders. (I had to clean finish out of neck pocket, some finish uneveness, nothing serious) The Anderson is quite remarkable. It can also be bright, but never harsh, and the tone control is extremely effective at taming any brightness without muddying the sound. Turning the tone slightly down on the bridge pickup fattens it quite nicely. The neck pickup has some beautiful hendrixy mojo going on. Quite close to a great strat neck sound. The middle is quite nice as well, almost acousticy (sic) with the hollow body. Build quality is flawless, and it feels like a ferrari. (light!) I would say the G&L is somewhat cruder, probably a little more genuine. (bridge) The Anderson a little more hi fi. (I kept the Anderson)

Patrick

Originally posted by Mech

I need help from you Tele guys:

I

• Members

skookumz:

I don't know much about the Suhr, I guessing you have played them before?

I tried out a another G&L Blues Boy tonight, and it didn't do as well as I thought it would, compared to the Fenders I played on Saturday.

I'd love to try out a Tom Anderson, but it may take a while until I come across one here, but I'm in no rush to buy, I want to be sure to get the Tele I really want.

Other than that,
At this point, I'm leaning to the American Deluxe Tele, unless I come across something used or vintage that catches my eye.

Now, if money was not a big issue, would you buy a vintage tele over one of the new ones I mentioned? Say even a 70's model?

• 7 months later...
  • Members

Hey tele twangers,

Hamer USA T-51 guitar.

T51 (1993 - 1997) - Single cutaway slab body (Telecaster style) of southern ash with a 22-fret bolt-on maple neck (25.5 inch scale length) with black dot markers. Hardware includes two Seymour Duncan single coil pickups (one mounted on the scratchplate) and Wilkinson HT100 bridge. Also available with a piezo-electric Fishman Power Bridge.

My 1997 Hamer USA T-51 guitar
8b8464c0.jpg
Pic056.jpg

Guitar George

• Members
Originally posted by metalcore

Try to get your hands on a MIJ Custom '62.

It's gonna be my next guitar. Awesome, awesome quality and sounds. Could be hard to find one in the States though. Here it is, you make you drool.

p2.jpg

sorry couldnt resist :D

its a great guitar, mine is an '85 MIJ, and my all time favorite guitar, altough it could use a refret. Don't know if its something for the topicstarter. My next tele will be something with a maple neck, just to get something different. Maybe a james burton, or another 62 custom but then i ll replace the neck with a warmoth maple boat neck.

Archived