Nickelback Photograph makes me wanna off myself

dragonattack

• Members

I havent really contemplated suicide before until this doozy has entered the airwaves, how come the cool songs get the bad recognition when people do such a horrible act???

The lyrics are like bon jovi/bruce springsteen, but even worse, corny as freakin all hell,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,how can we get people back on the right track, is there no hope left in rock radio?

Im too lazy to change the channel when im working.

• Members

Change the channel? I havnt really found decent music on tv for years now.

Radio? Shoot, in this huge city of atlanta even the classic rock stations have gone to sh..........it

there is one small college size station here that plays actual 60-70's rock n roll. thats all thats left

unless you go to gc and listen to the kiddies...hehe..jk

• Members

This song drives me nuts.

I'll give Kroeger some props.....he can write the typical "radio friendly tune".......he has a real knack for it. He creates "ear worms" with his melodies.....whether you love his music or not, you will find yourself humming his tunes......they are catchy.

But this latest offering is the worst use of lyrics ever.....it's so bad.....and so catchy .......but to me it has zero substance.

That being said, he's making a killing off of it.....and probably will be making tons more money in the years to come. The general population listening to music eats this {censored} up like it's candy.

• Members

I agree with the corny but catchy comment.

However, this Photograph song drives me nuts. No so much the lyrics themselves, but how he 'sings' them. I think the song would have sounded a lot better with a more laid back vocal style instead of the 'I'm trying to take a massive constipated {censored}' voice that he uses on it.

• Members

You want to hear some cheesey high school lyrics listen to Cold Plays "I Will Fix You". The lyrics sound like they came from some crappy high school poetry. I even heard some guy from Cold Play in an interview saying he though that the song was the best they have ever written.:rolleyes:

Max

• Members

yeah theres a lot of {censored} out there, but on hard rockin radio this is not hard rockin, its climbed above Staynds crap, or however you spell it.

I love all kinds of music, theres plenty of pop music i like that my friends think im a freak for liking, it definitely doesnt have to be hard rockin, but damn it makes me hurt when i hear it, i was wonderin if others had the same feelings.

Speaking of a hip hop thread that i missed, i hear this hip hop vocal rhythm cliche in this tune that you would hear in most hip hop tunes, probably more towards the end of the song, that also kills me. Who cant write songs like this? There should be a program for your computer that just randomly puts cliche in after cliche and voila you have an instant radio hit. Maybe thats what some of these bands are secretly using and cashing in on. I think the more young people that hear this crap will have a hard time accepting anything original and creative.

I know i must be getting old sorry

Archived