Dimarzio gurus? Two conductor humbucker? What is this?

ElectricMayhem

Guest Anonymous

Diamarzio has been using 4-wire humbucking pickups since the 70's, so any pickup with two wires is more than likely a vintage-style PAF.

• Members

Originally posted by GuitslingerTim

Diamarzio has been using 4-wire humbucking pickups since the 70's, so any pickup with two wires is more than likely a vintage-style PAF.

That's what I assumed. Thanks. It's super sweet for the clean tones. I can manage some Wind Cries Mary tone with this thing.

• Members

Originally posted by Armitage

In the 70's and early 80s (and maybe later FAIK) the Super Distortion came with two wires, the four wire version was the Dual Sound...

The oldest Super Distortion I have is one wire with a braided shield/ground.

The pair was sold to me as a set of super-distortions, but the other had 4 wires. Hearing the clean tones of this one it is clear this one isn't a SD. The other one is in the bridge and it's pretty aggressive.

• Members

Originally posted by Armitage

In the 70's and early 80s (and maybe later FAIK) the Super Distortion came with two wires, the four wire version was the Dual Sound...

The oldest Super Distortion I have is one wire with a braided shield/ground.

What he said. I've got an 80's super distortion that I bought new which only has 2 conductors. It's been in around 5 guitars at this point (and has since been replaced in this one... too bright).

DCP00740.JPG

Archived