Opinions Please...Jackson SL2H vs. ESP M-II vs. LTD MH-1000

mhenson42

• Members

I am considering the following guitars for metal/shred:

Jackson USA Soloist SL2H w/ Duncan JB/59($1,500 mail order now)

ESP M-II with EMG 81/81 ($1,150 with 3 month wait)

LTD MH-1000 EMG 81/$ ($830 available locally)

I've only played the LTD and I like it alot. Almost feels as good as my ESP Eclipse.

Since I have not played the ESP or the Jackson I would appreciate any opinions on these guitars. Is the Jackson worth the extra $? Is the ESP M-II worth the wait and is it that much better than the LTD?

Any comment on the Duncan JB/59 set up for metal (played through a bogner uberschall)

Thanks

Matt

• Members

Originally posted by solomon1979

Where are you trying to get the ESP from?

A local shop that will sell it to me for $1,150 with a case. They would have to order it though. I bought my Eclipse from drumcityguitarland.com. They sell the M-II - on order too - for $1,189 plus you have to buy the case for $100.

• Members

Originally posted by solomon1979

I was gonna recommend music123.com, but aside from getting you an ESP alot sooner than the other places it'll cost about the same sans case. Sorry!

Do they have them in stock? The web site says ships in 3-5 days - meaning not in stock. If they are not in stock then there is no way they could get one much quicker than anyone else. I've read alot of bad things about delayed shipments from Music 123.

Archived