fret note problems

cartersymes

• Members

wow i just clicked on the pics after reading all the post. That guitar is {censored}ing ugly and should be thrown out. Don't even bother man, You say your not into guitar but that thing looks an extreme project piece and i would just shape it into a shovel or something and sell it to someone who shovels {censored} for a living or whatever.

Sorry its my opinion

:)

• Members

since the thing is cobbled from pieces I recommend this:

1) measure the distance from the nut to the 12th fret.

2) the scale of the neck is 2 times that length, that is where the bridge must be.

you will find that the bridge is in the wrong place for that neck. Lots of ways to fix that:

3) replace the neck

4) move the neck in the pocket either closer or farther (it is too far now, so closer). You might have to chisel out more pocket to get it closer.

5) move the bridge

You don't NEED an adjustable bridge, but they make things easier since you can fine tune the length of the string (intonation).

That guitar looks l ike it originally had a strat type bridge but had it replaced with the one that is there now.

In the end you might need a combination of things to get it right - you might have to move a pickup as well if its in the way.

• Members
Originally posted by Junkhead

wow i just clicked on the pics after reading all the post. That guitar is {censored}ing ugly and should be thrown out. Don't even bother man, You say your not into guitar but that thing looks an extreme project piece and i would just shape it into a shovel or something and sell it to someone who shovels {censored} for a living or whatever.

Sorry its my opinion

:)

criminal comment :D

• Members

Originally posted by walt0915

since the thing is cobbled from pieces I recommend this:

1) measure the distance from the nut to the 12th fret.

2) the scale of the neck is 2 times that length, that is where the bridge must be.

you will find that the bridge is in the wrong place for that neck. Lots of ways to fix that:

3) replace the neck

4) move the neck in the pocket either closer or farther (it is too far now, so closer). You might have to chisel out more pocket to get it closer.

5) move the bridge

You don't NEED an adjustable bridge, but they make things

easier since you can fine tune the length of the string (intonation).

That guitar looks l ike it originally had a strat type bridge but had it replaced with the one that is there now.

In the end you might need a combination of things to get it right - you might have to move a pickup as well if its in the way.

cheers thats fantastic.

Archived