Executive Software Diskeeper

• Members

Have any of you had problems with this app? I'm using 7.0.427.0 and I'm about to upgrade to the pay version but I have some concerns.

Periodically, when I run the app (boot time defrag), it leaves my Audio Drive (SCSI) with a permanent error message which prompts my computer to run Scandisk on that drive when ever I reboot.

The only way I can get rid of the problem is to remove all the files, re-format the drive and copy the files back.

Ian:D

• Members

Trivia... Defrag in 2000 & XP is DiskKeeper Lite. The main reason to upgrade is for the automated features.

Do you have files over 4GB on the drive? This is a known Windows issue. If you defrag an MPEG file, it will be trashed. I found that out the hard way.

Hope this helps...

• Members

I'm searching as we speak for files that are larger than

4096 MB

Wish me luck.

It's interesting that you say this 'cause my problems have all been with my audio drive.

Okay, now I'm just wasting time while the Search Engine does it's thing. It was sunny here in LA today. How about that Bush, what a guy. Did you see the latest American Idol stuff. What do you think: King Kong; good or bad?

Nothing over 4 Gigs.

Ian:cool:

Archived