Here you go Batman...another MF blowout...

Dean Medlock

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just talked to a rep. They have 29 guitars on backorder. They got 3 in on Monday and its first come, first serve.

She said they have another shipment for Friday and that likely at least half will be filled, possibly all 29 back orders. I know I got in early so I should definitely get my 2.

• Members

Originally posted by batotman

Just talked to a rep. They have 29 guitars on backorder. They got 3 in on Monday and its first come, first serve.

She said they have another shipment for Friday and that likely at least half will be filled, possibly all 29 back orders. I know I got in early so I should definitely get my 2.

It makes me wonder where they are getting them from.

Are there intermediate suppliers between Gibson and MF on something like this? Or did MF do this as a loss leader pure and simple?

• Members

Originally posted by jerry_picker

It makes me wonder where they are getting them from.

Are there intermediate suppliers between Gibson and MF on something like this? Or did MF do this as a loss leader pure and simple?

I think they deal directly with Gibson USA. I have no clue wtf the deal is but $900 for a $2,555 guitar is sweeter than the $950 Brian Seltzer Hot Rods I bought.

(Seltzer....haha....I'm gonna spell it like that from now on.)

• Members

I think they deal directly with Gibson USA. I have no clue wtf the deal is but $900 for a $2,555 guitar is sweeter than the $950 Brian Seltzer Hot Rods I bought.

Do you think this blowout (blown out) price reflects the actual mark-up on Gibson USA guitars, or do you think MF is taking a bit of a hit in the name of advertizing, building good-will, and bolstering customer loyalty?

So they sell 30-some guitars for maybe $300-400 below wholesale and take a $10,000 hit. That is NOTHING for MF-GC in terms of advertizing costs. This sale on USA Sheratons piqued a lot of interest here, and is apt to spur the buying and collecting public to keep a close and frequent eye on the MF website and mailings. Further, it targets the higher-end spending crowd to do this...bigger bang in the long run, maybe. JMO.

• Members

(Seltzer....haha....I'm gonna spell it like that from now on.)

Where'd you buy the Gretsch guitars?

• Members

Originally posted by jerry_picker

Do you think this blowout (blown out) price reflects the actual mark-up on Gibson USA guitars, or do you think MF is taking a bit of a hit in the name of advertizing, building good-will, and bolstering customer loyalty?

So they sell 30-some guitars for maybe $300-400 below wholesale and take a $10,000 hit. That is NOTHING for MF-GC in terms of advertizing costs. This sale on USA Sheratons piqued a lot of interest here, and is apt to spur the buying and collecting public to keep a close and frequent eye on the MF website and mailings. Further, it targets the higher-end spending crowd to do this...bigger bang in the long run, maybe. JMO.

I think $1000 is cost. I think Gibson are con artist bastards.

• Members
Originally posted by markas214

Man. I missed that one. If you get anymore leads on something like that could you shoot me a PM? Of course only after you get your supply.
:)

It was a once in a lifetime deal. I was in Wichita doing some guitar shopping on my birthday in August and they had 3 of them left. I bought all 3. Sold one on the forums, sold another to my wife's uncle (who was REALLY wanting one), and kept one for myself.

Archived