Another pair of ridiculous MF deals...

The Eristic

• Members

Talkbass forumite:

Neck construction: Eastern maple neck, graphite reinforeced. Pau Ferro fingerboard 8" radius w/ maple position markers or birdseye fingerboard on birdseye maple neck with paua abalone position markers

Ultra Satin finish on maple neck and maple fingerboard

35" 21 fret neck

Reduced mass "mini" bass machine heads, with D-tuner on 4 plus model (yeah!)

Two internally active J style pickups

On-board active 3-band EQ with bass boost/cut (10db)

Black/Chrome finished hardware (hoping for black)

Fully shielded electronics

Quadra Just Hipshot milled bridge - 3 way adj

Strap locks on 4 plus models

Even the output jack is upgraded to a genuine Switchcraft jack. Shazam.

Knobs seem to be: (From top, clockwise) Volume, Low, Variable Mid, High adjust, and blend.

• Members

Originally posted by The Eristic

When and what finish did you order? Some of the early orders have turned out to be Mil Plus models, with flame tops and SKB cases.

I think the Plus are sold out. If I get one I'll {censored}.....in a good way.

I ordered Sunburst last night. Shipped out today. If they deliver on Black Friday maybe I'll have it since I'm 110 miles away.

• Moderators

Originally posted by batotman

You can always feel the Fury....
:thu:
Those look good too but the USA and features convinced me to spend the extra money.

Not a fan of the Fury at all. They're ok for beginner/knockaround instruments, but my two main basses are Roscoes, if that tells you anything about the level of quality that needs to be at least halfway approached.

www.roscoeguitars.com

• Moderators

CORK SNIFFER!

:D

Play a few boutique basses like Roscoe, F-Bass, etc, and you'll get spoiled REAL quick. They're in a whole 'nother world, and the differences are even more notable than with most boutique guitars.

My other basses are excellent quality production instruments, but they pale in comparison to the Roscoes. The thing with the modern US Peaveys, though, is that they are generally better than excellent. They would complement what I have very well. :^)

• Moderators

Well I won't know what to think cuz I like my $110 SX bass just fine. I'm not sure what to look for in a bass...lol. I put an SD Vintage P-Bass pickup in it and it plays well.

Resonance, articulation, and coherency, as well as punch (the ability to cut through). Same things you'd look for in a guitar, just to an extreme degree. Too many basses are flat-out dull, tonally. They have bass in the sense that they have low notes, but there's no real tone there. They either sound like a big muddy mess or like you're whacking a fork on a plate (ie, thin and tinny).

• Members

Originally posted by The Eristic

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=bass/search/detail/base_pid/512182/

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=bass/search/detail/base_pid/512183/

Grab 'em before talkbass winds up buying ALL of them. They've cleared out all the Plus models and at least a couple of the solid finishes already.
:eek:

I don't think I like you anymore :mad:

Seriously, thanks. I just ordered the 4 JB :D

I will have to decide whether to keep this one or my Yamaha BB1500A. I liked the Sunburst color better than the Candy Apple Red, but for some reason I felt compelled to buy the red one. My first guitar was red (Hondo ZX-1), and I recently sold my Melancon Pro Artist Dakota Red. I have a feeling red will be good :)

Thanks again!

• Moderators

Originally posted by Eddie

I don't think I like you anymore
:mad:

Seriously, thanks. I just ordered the 4 JB
:D

I will have to decide whether to keep this one or my Yamaha BB1500A. I liked the Sunburst color better than the Candy Apple Red, but for some reason I felt compelled to buy the red one. My first guitar was red (Hondo ZX-1), and I recently sold my Melancon Pro Artist Dakota Red. I have a feeling red will be good
:)

Thanks again!

:cool:

Archived