Gibson Es-335 Satin opinions

gusfinley

• Members

Wow! I spied this baby at Guitar Center a while back and almost took one home this weekend.

I was sondering what sort of impression that some of you might have had with this guitar.

I really love the looks of this guitar. THe satin faded cherry finish goes very nicely with the cream binding. I also love the look of the green key vintage tulip tuners, and the ES-335 on the truss rod cover. Looks very classy...

I want one!! Ijust need to sell my amp to make up the last $500!!

• Members

forget the pickups, other than that, a pickguard, engraved truss rod cover, inlaid head stock. and i can't remember if the 335 satin has a bound neck or not, the 333 does. but that's about it, mostly cosmetics. but the assessment is still the same, buy it, love it.

• Members

You guys are all thinking in line with me so far, you usually get somebody who things something Gibson makes is complete garbage....

Anyway, the ES-335 satin finish, doesn't have a bound neck, but it seems like most everything else but the satin finish in like the standard es-335. It's got the '5 classics and This guitar is just SO clear...

Wow!! I really need to put my amp up on Ebay after the holidays!

The ES-333 seems like it should be pretty sweet, but I do want some nice shiny pickup covers. I could just buy them and put them on I guess....

• Members

Beautiful. I've got a 1979 Blonde 335 that I could never part with. They are amazing guitars. And the '57 classic is very necessary. My advice is go for it. If you already like it, you'll love it before long.

Here's my baby if you're interested in having a look. She used to be more off-white, but has faded to a smokey blonde ain't no way she's yellow.) The late 70's had coil splitters on the lower bout, which opens up some nice tonal possibilities. Otherwise, pretty much identical to what you're looking at.

ydpu2u.jpg

ydpu2w.jpg

ydpu2v.jpg

ydpu2q.jpg

cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived