Help Bruce, or other. Tele Wiring..

robt57

• Members

OK, put togeter my Tele, and wired it this moring. But kind of confused myself. The positions on the 5 way strat switch all work, even the one position s a cut off as I planned.

Here is where i am confused:

I am not sure which positions are giving me what phasing and such. No single PU postions at all. But some nice sounds...

I tried to re-engineer the wiring of a standard Fender 4 Way Tele switch, only I had a Strat 5 way, and it is a long drive to get A 3 of 4 way, so the DP standard Srat 5-way was going in. What have I done? I think I like it.

--- --- --- --- --- O (vol) O (tone)

1 2 3 4 5

All I am sure of is the 2 is my cutoff. LOL

Now I luv all the sounds, I think I have a duplicate on 2 positions though. The NEck PU is a shielded Start Neck PU, a liitle hot, but WTH.

PJ-Tele-wire.JPG

• Members
Originally posted by vintage clubber

I have some 4 way's in stock, Rob...
:o

$14.00 shipped

Hey, how are you doing? Long time no see/read. I will get a different switch, just wanted to get it up with what I had.

Did you see the Tele on the other thread? Came out nice, and I couldn't get to building another guitar in a long time and had all the parts for a tele and the surf Strat which is on the bench now that the Tele is about done and is playable....

I will need a 3200 Super Switch form StewMAC for what I want to do. Wanna quote that price?

Ciao

Archived