Quick...$100 for a guitar...which to get...

gorebuc

• Members

Originally posted by gorebuc

Alright! They said they would spring for the '51, which I have always thought would be good for him. I ordered the black/white one from MF, and it came with a free gig bag...he's gonna have a good Christmas.

good choice, the '51 RAWKS !!!

the bridge pickup has some very high output and blew me away the first time i played it. ;)

the neck has a great feel to it as well. :thu:

your brother is gonna have a good christmas !!!

• Members

Originally posted by Tweedledee

I would say make sure you check it out before you give it to him. You may have to do some minor set-up stuff before it's really playable (ie: adjust the height of the saddles, tighten the input jack plate, etc - nothing major, but the types of things that can make a huge difference in playability.) For some reason the '51s can be a bit hit-or-mis. But if you get a good one, it's a fantastic guitar for the money. I had one (which I sold to help finance another guitar purchase) but I miss the neck on that thing so much. Medium jumbo frets, incredibly smooth satin finish, played like a dream. I hope he likes it!

Yeah, I'm gonna give it a going over. I recently ordered one of the MIC Squier Jagmaster II's from MF, and was really impressed with mine, though this line seems to be a bit more stable in QC than the '51's, I am praying for the luck of the draw on this '51.

• Members

Originally posted by bungholio281

id go for the SX, over the squier or the epiphone. a lot of squier and epiphones are plywood, which flat out annoys me. also the axes on rondo are AWESOME!

the '51 is Basswood.

Plus the only plywood body I know coming from Squier are the Bullets...

I do agree Rondo sells some nice one... :thu:

• Members

You need to hunt around to different hock shops, use cash and bargain. This pawn shop on the corner from me has an 80's washburn shred machine that they've had for a while and they just dropped the price to 50 bucks from 200 just to get rid of it. The deals are there, you just have to find them.

If you could find any Washburn maverick series such as a BT-2 with 2 HB's, they have good tuners and hardware. Put some decent seymore duncans on them and you have a decent gigable axe.

Good luck!

• Members

Originally posted by F.D. Neighbors

You need to hunt around to different hock shops, use cash and bargain. This pawn shop on the corner from me has an 80's washburn shred machine that they've had for a while and they just dropped the price to 50 bucks from 200 just to get rid of it. The deals are there, you just have to find them.

If you could find any Washburn maverick series such as a BT-2 with 2 HB's, they have good tuners and hardware. Put some decent seymore duncans on them and you have a decent gigable axe.

Good luck!

Well the shop I went into did have an interesting pink 80's

Peavey tracer shred machine on the wall.

After seeing the price on the Dean and other merchandise in the shop I didn't bother to ask.

• Members

Originally posted by gorebuc

Yeah, I'm gonna give it a going over. I recently ordered one of the MIC Squier Jagmaster II's from MF, and was really impressed with mine, though this line seems to be a bit more stable in QC than the '51's, I am praying for the luck of the draw on this '51.

Can you post some pics of your jagmaster II? Real pics of them seem to be really hard to find!

How do you like yours so far? Pros, cons?

• Members

I like the Jagmaster so far, I've had it about 1 1/2 months. The neck is very nice. I like the shorter scale alot; my playing is very chordal, so I can get some stretches off that I couldn't on the superstrat I had before.

As far as electronics go, the DD pickups are actually very nice in this guitar. They aren't the best high gain pickups, but they deliver a nice chimey tone; the inbetween setting is particularly nice for cleans. My only complaint is the poor sheilding job that produces a noticable buzz when your not playing. All in all, its well worth the $250 I paid for it.

Keep this bumped and I'll post some pics later.

Archived