Who knows their Guild Electrics?

OrvilleGibson

• Members

In the 70's, Guild made a Les Paul copy with 3 gold humbuckers, Black finish, gold hardware, and their trademark abalone triangles in pearl rectangle inlay. I can't remember if it had a phase switch or not.

Anybody know that model number? That was one of the nicest LP style guitars I ever played.

• Members
Originally posted by OrvilleGibson

In the 70's, Guild made a Les Paul copy with 3 gold humbuckers, Black finish, gold hardware, and their trademark abalone triangles in pearl rectangle inlay. I can't remember if it had a phase switch or not.

Anybody know that model number? That was one of the nicest LP style guitars I ever played.

This is the closest thing I can think of.

M-75.
GuildM75csfullb.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by OrvilleGibson

Are you sure it was a Guild? As far as I can recall, they only made three LP types, the Aristocrat in '59, the MC75's in the 70's and later the Bluesbird/Nightbird series. And none of them were made with three pups as far as I can recall. I really don't remember any Guild with three pups except the large jazz body Stratford and the solid Brian May model.

• Members

One more thing, the abalone triangles in pearl rectangle inlay that he describes sounds more like Epiphone than Guild. As a matter of fact, his whole description of that guitar sounds like Epiphone... gold three pup, LP shape etc. Trouble is, I don't remember a Epi LP with those inlays. I have them in my Epi Sheraton though. I need to do more research on this one.

• Members
Originally posted by Treborklow

One more thing, the abalone triangles in pearl rectangle inlay that he describes sounds more like Epiphone than Guild. As a matter of fact, his whole description of that guitar sounds like Epiphone... gold three pup, LP shape etc. Trouble is, I don't remember a Epi LP with those inlays. I have them in my Epi Sheraton though. I need to do more research on this one.

Thanks for the replies.

The inlay is the same as what they use on the F-512's:

http://www.fender.com/new_repository/guild/images/3802900_xl.jpg

I wish I had the S/N's! :D

Archived