Fender TC90 Thinline

NashSG

• Members

I tried out a black cherry Fender TC90 Thinline today at the local guitar store and I really want one. I thought they looked pretty cool in the Fender catalog, but had not played one. Color me impressed.

The Seymour Duncan Custom P90 in the bridge of this guitar sounds amazing. I was trying it out through an Orange AD30tc combo, which is something else I would like to have. The TC90 in the bridge plugged into the Orange was dead on for Pete Townshend's guitar sound circa Who's Next. It sounded really great. The neck and mid positions were really thick sounding.

I then a/b'ed the TC90 versus a Gibson Faded Double Cut P90 guitar and the Fender sound was much better, especially with that bridge pickup. There was definitely a bit of high end star dust or something on how that bridge Custom P90 sound compared to the Gibby.

They have the TC90 marked down to $549 because someone put a couple of bad buckle scratches in the back. I had to bite my hand to not get out the plastique and take it home. Gah!!!

I definitely liked the guitar and will keep that Duncan Custom P90 pickup in mind if I ever have a P90 guitar in need of a pickup swap.

Archived