Last real innovation in guitars?

tyrion

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Here's a couple I like. I know some of these have been around a little longer than the 70s though.

EMG pickups with built in preamps. The popularity of neck-through body construction. Onboard boosters like the original B.C. Rich guitars had. The original Floyd Rose tremolo system. The Kahler pro tremolo. All in one Schaller 455 series bridges.

• Members

Gotoh SG381 H.A.P.M. locking tuners! Turn smooth as silk and are post height adjustable so you can go without stringtrees.

And the tremconverter from StewMac. Have it in my Strat and lets me switch my full floating tremolo to a dive-only trem or to a hardtail bridge just by turning two thumbwheels.

• Members

Ive only seen videos and I dont know how well it works and its not even my pick for best innovation, but the fret fretless neck. Someone posted it on here, its like a lever by the neck body joint. You move the lever and the frets sink or rotate or something and the fret markers are all thats left. Pretty cool for the jazz player. Btw, I think emgs are pretty cool and were a great innovation.

• Members

Originally posted by orourke

It's interesting that they put the innovative neck on a body that was designed half a century ago.

yah... cause nobody can afford an actual Novax guitar. :)

seriously though.... that picture was just illustrating that you can purchase a novax neck as a strat replacement neck to bring your guitar into 30th century and reap the intonation benefits of the system.

• Members

Originally posted by Gaf-Yag-A-Ton

Q-tuner Neodymium pickups for guitar and bass are a serious advancement in the science of pickups. Whether or not you like the end result of their science is of course subjective.

GL.jpg

' I have a set of these, Great pickups.. but not easy to make changes on quickly.

more of a take a week, dial it in and leave it alone, kinda thing.

But very cool

Archived