how to remove 'stain' on this bridge?

oYx

• Members

bridge.jpg

i tried to remove something similar on the volume knob, and the grey finish was removed along with it and it's now chrome.

how can i remove the stain or discolouration from the bridge without it turning chrome?

• Members

it must be the finish reacting with you sweat , some peoples sewat is more acidic that other (i have this problem too) what did you use to thry and clean the knob. i guess if you use an old tooth bursh with some warm water it may help and it should not damage the finish of the bridge , use a light touch . iu still think you should just leave it alone. let the mojo start building up

• Members

it doesn't happen with my other guitars though. i really left this ibanez in its case for months, simply cos i had no time to play it.

i'll try the light brush, and i'll report. hopefully with a 'restored' pic. :)

• Members

hmm. you got a point about the hasty process for ibanez hardware. i'll probably leave it alone. can't imagine having to fight it time and time again.

edit: on another thought, i wonder why isn't ibanez doing something to make its finish more durable? or is it really too much trouble and cost?

Archived