A Good SG Style Guitar?

Devinstation

• Members

+1 for all the people who said go play some at the store and take home the one that feels best.

I own an SG Std, LTD Viper-400, and an Agile Valkyrie II. The Gibson is by far the best (and of course, cost 2x as much as the other two combined). However, I like them all for different reasons, but if I only had one, and was on a budget, it'd be the Viper-400. Great feel, great setup out of the box ... some don't like EMGs, but they're fine for the stuff I play.

If this is your friend's first guitar, an Agile will prolly do the job until he knows what he "really wants" in a guitar.

• Members

The Epiphone SG special is not that bad. When I had mine set up it played perfecty. I would go as far as saying it was my best guitar playibilty-wise. But the electronics were complete crap and the guitar would cut in and out and didn't sound all that well. Anyways. Back to my hole. Look for my thread in a bit regarding my Project Epiphone SG special. I just finished it up last night and have to go get strings from it...

• Members

heres my advice:

i dont really know your price range, but here goes:

try out some gibson sg specials....they are great for the money!

I think the fadeds are cheaper too...

go on ebay, and maybe find a used special for even cheaper, or maybe a standard (it would be used and still kinda expensive, but worth it)

or, like many people have probably said, try some agiles...i heard only good things about them....

hope i helped!

(unless of course i repeated what someone already said.......in the case....sorry)!

• Members

Go for a new or used gibson SG special and upgrade the pickups if you want a top sound, though the 490 are good. This gibsons are very well made inspite of some "minor" opinions. What you have to do is try the guitar before you buy it.:thu:

Archived