Bank Name appearing on Shipping Label

BigBone

• Members

I got a shipment from a certain "FRIENDly Musicians store yesterday. A Epi FlameKat ( "Have I lost my mind" thread) .

Anyway I noticed during the FedEx tracking number that the name of my bank which issued my Credit Card showed up as part of the reference number abbreviated.

I thought that odd but yesterday when the pkg arrived there on the FED EX label is the name of my Bank almost in it's entirity with the only word abbreviated being union.

I ain't too excited about this and see no reason for the store to transmit the name of my financial institution th the shipper, for any reason.

Anybody else had this sort of thing happen? It isn't normal is it? Can't be.

:(

• Members

Originally posted by chimairob

i dont think anybody can rob you just by knowing the name of your bank mate, i wouldnt be fussed.

Well, technically, they now know his name and address as well as the name of his bank. I'm sure that a lot of bank employees would consider that enough information to give out account balances and such over the telephone, even though they aren't supposed to do it without a SS# or Tax ID# and account #.

• Members

Originally posted by Prages

Well, technically, they now know his name and address as well as the name of his bank. I'm sure that a lot of bank employees would consider that enough information to give out account balances and such over the telephone, even though they aren't supposed to do it without a SS# or Tax ID# and account #.

My bank won't give out any information without an account number, ss#, and password. Once thy have that info, they want me to confirm the most recent transaction.

• Members

Thanks for the replys.

I'm not worried about anyone seeing the Bank's Name, I'm more concerned about the Privacy and what else they might have transmitted. I submitted the Payment info Securily and adding the Banking institution and certain other info is entered as part of the security process. I SECURELY submitted payment info to MF under the premise it was secure, not that any of it would be passed on to a third party.

I'm gonna go call my bank and ask them about this.

Archived