Bill Lawrence L500 XL pickup any good?

kwcsports

• Members

Originally posted by kwcsports

Hi, is the Bill lawrence L500xl and good for a bridge pickup ?

it's supposed to be a great bridge pickup, but whether having to wait for well over a month to get it done is worth it, is another question to be asked...

(6 weeks and still counting days...)

if you want it, order it yesterday!

• Members

Originally posted by kwcsports

Thanks for the advice. I don't really want to wait that long.

You should wait, they are incredible pups, My 2 main guitars are equipped with it. They really sound incredible, after I got mine I had to order 4 more, another one for me and 3 for my friends, they went nuts over the sound.

• Members

I went thruogh a big L-500XL phase. I'd have to say that if you're playing through a solid state amp, this pickup is a monster! Just think about Dimebag from Pantera (RIP) and Tommy Victor from Prong. It's very articulate and the harmonics scream. The real deal is MUCH better than the Dimebucker. It's quiter...doesn't feedback so fast...and it sounds smoother. For solos I like something with a bit more mids. If it's the sound you want, I think it's worth the wait...the price is fair too. Look around on ebay, ppl put them up there all the time, so you wouldn't have to wait. Make sure you get the real one with the thicker blades though.

Archived