Ibanez K7 7-string

boos

• Members

I want to buy a 7-string and the k7 seems really good value, they're alot cheaper than they used 2 be, maybe because it's a korn signature, and i know many don't like the k7 on the 12th fret, but is it a good guitar.

the other 7s i'm considering is the schecter C7 hellraiser, it's cheaper and has emgs, but the necks not as easy to play, i'm going from what others say.

I'm considering a 7321 with upgrading tuners, pickups, but i'm concered it's going to be cheapy, and with the upgrades that puts it up to the schecter's price, but the 7321 got a thin neck.

so basically if you've played/own any of these guitars, i'd like know what u think about them, and indeed any other good 7's in this price range.

• Members

i'm in the uk and i don't see many Universes forsale.

I've always been a bit concerned buying used.

I've seen people on ebay selling the k7 for almost as much as i can get it new.

Is the Universe better?

• Members

The K7 has always been on my list of completely awesome guitars that somebody mucked up with a dumb graphic. They play great and are well worth the money, if the K7 inlay dosent bother you then i say go for it.

The Universe 7's are killer too, but i dont fancythat it has a the middle pickup, pickguard and is made of basswood. I'd go with an RG1527.

• Members

Originally posted by boos

cool.

The inlay doesn't bother me.

Then i say go for the K7, it is a real nice guitar. Its made out of mahogany and will sound better and be more durable than basswood (UV777 and RG 1527). Plus i like the trem bar they put on those things.

• Members

the other 7s i'm considering is the schecter C7 hellraiser, it's cheaper and has emgs, but the necks not as easy to play, i'm going from what others say.

The newer ltd neck is easier to play, that hellraiser is a damn tree trunk I played bills when he 1st got his. plus you could pretty much get 2 of these for the price of 1 K7

viper407.jpg

otherwise there's 3 diff. stephen carpenter ones from ESP. 1 normal 7, 1 baritone 7 (LTD) and the new Baritone 7 ESP.

sc607_blk.jpg

• Members

The newer ltd neck is easier to play

i'll look a bit more into the LTD's, i did look into the carpenter model, really nice, i have just found a place that sells them for the same as the k-7. I thought as the schecter and esp are similar they'd have the same fatish necks.

Hows the schecter's neck play?

Then i say go for the K7, it is a real nice guitar. Its made out of mahogany and will sound better and be more durable than basswood (UV777 and RG 1527). Plus i like the trem bar they put on those things

I like mahogany, that U-bar's ment to be really good.

I paid $199 for my RG7621

amazing value, i started looking secondhand, there's plenty around, but i often find really good deals new, there's so many guitar shops competing.

wish they sold the RG7EX in the Uk

SPECIFICATIONBasswood body

5pcs. Maple/Walnut neck

Rosewood fingerboard

Fixed 7 bridge

EMG

• Members

i'll look a bit more into the LTD's, i did look into the carpenter model, really nice, i have just found a place that sells them for the same as the k-7. I thought as the schecter and esp are similar they'd have the same fatish necks.

Hows the schecter's neck play?

wish they sold the RG7EX in the Uk

SPECIFICATIONBasswood body

5pcs. Maple/Walnut neck

Rosewood fingerboard

Fixed 7 bridge

EMG

• Members

that looks cool.

I know it's nice having a one off, but ibanez etc... produce so many guitars they can sell them cheaper, hypothetically if someone in the UK hand built to order a guitar identical to a k7 or whatever, i'm sure it would cost a fortune.

Archived