Walmart SG on eBay at over $300? WTF?

MattAnonymous

• Members

Originally posted by santos

So, no, these sellers are technically doing nothing wrong, but I have to pose the question (if it hasn't been said already) why then, are people overpaying so much for these guitars??

Maybe these guitars are not availible everywhere, and people are trying to get their hands on a cheaper gibson model, knowing that this one is a cheap gibson model, but not how much its actually worth.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by santos

Well, again, you're looking at it as a musician. To most of us on these boards these things seem obvious. To the average person, even doing a basic "SG" search on ebay would ultimately be very confusing - so many models and price points, and now these cheapie knockoffs.

I don't know about other people, but if I'm going to drop $300 on something I see on eBay, I'm going to take a little time to know what I'm spending my money on.

If it's something I'm not familiar with, that's all the more reason to do a little research. The guy selling most of the guitars that seem to be at the center of this issue puts the GBME web address in one of the photos. The fact that you can buy these guitars from Best Buy is prominently displayed there.

Maybe other people have money coming out their ears and don't care to pay twice what an item is worth. These people are placing crazy bids of their own free will.

Archived