any thoughts on Washburn Idol WI-64D?

vrm

• Members

Hey all, I was browsing around @ music 123 and saw the said guitar for $299 on a closeout. the distressed look(copper-ish) isn't great, but could be remedied w/ some chrome! The specs look good so andybody have any experience w/ these, I read the reivews and they seem fine and dandy, just looking for first hand knowledge. thanks!

• 2 months later...
  • Members

I bought one @ 249$ matte black/distessed copper finish. I was going to mod it but it plays too well to mess with. Most people don't like the vcc system but that can be pretty cool to mix pick ups and roll off some of the humbucker, the only thing it lacks is tone control. I built a signal splitter box with two volumes and two tone controls to remedy that. All and all, well worth the $ IMHO

:thu:

• Members

I bought one about 2 weeks ago in the natural finish.Looks good,plays good and I think i'm gonna send it back.I dunno if it's because it's so thin and light or the copper hardware but to me it seems too toylike.i might get a WI-66 to replace it. Which is the guitar i was gonna get in the first place but then i saw the Music 123 deal.Don't get me wrong it's a good guitar I just don't think it suits me.

Archived