loading a 4x12!

pissdrunx

• Members

So, I`m loading my 4x12 cab with some new speakers. The ones I can get real cheap are celstion V30`s, GT12-75, Classic lead and greenbacks. I`m using a JCM 900 sl-x, which I`ll mod to el34`s an some low gain preamp tubes. What I`m looking for is a setup with as much headroom as posible! The cab is custom built by a friend and is solid wood, with plywood front and back panel(a well made cab). Which speakes do you think I should load it with?

...and I would need some advice on the preamp tubes too.

:thu:

• Members
Originally posted by pissdrunx

So, I`m loading my 4x12 cab with some new speakers. The ones I can get real cheap are celstion V30`s, GT12-75, Classic lead and greenbacks. I`m using a JCM 900 sl-x, which I`ll mod to el34`s an some low gain preamp tubes. What I`m looking for is a setup with as much headroom as posible! The cab is custom built by a friend and is solid wood, with plywood front and back panel(a well made cab). Which speakes do you think I should load it with?

...and I would need some advice on the preamp tubes too.

:thu:

Yea this should be posted in the amps section man, but..
If you can get some vintage 30's for cheap then in my opinion theres no better speaker. They got 60 watt handling so you'll have no trouble with 'em. Thta's actually what I was thinking about putting in the cab im building.

Archived