about to pull triger on Agile LP...any last words?

djchase7

• Members

Originally posted by jrfan

djchase7, here are some pics of my CSB al2000.

I've never thought Rondos pics were very good.

HPIM1174.jpg
Here's a pic of the fretboard.

Nicely done inlays for a budget guitar but the frets are a little smaller in width than advertised, at least on mine.

HPIM1175.jpg
Good luck.
:)

wow! what an awesome axe. That's one of the best looking agiles ever. Are you sure it's not a Heritage Cherry? looks like a killer red, way more red then the picture at Rondo. If thats what the CBS looks like, I can't wait.

• Members

Amazing, aren't they? I'm gassing for a LP Custom, but I can't bring myself to spend the bux. I played Gibson and Epi Customs just yesterday and they didn't blow socks off. I'm telling you, The Gibby ($3K at GC) sounded slightly better than the Epi, but still did NOT have the sustain my AL2500 Gold Top has. Forumites can scream all they want, but it's true. You hear guys talking about mojo? Well you can get mojo for a 10th of the cost of high end guitars with an Agile.

• Members

Originally posted by jrfan

djchase7, here are some pics of my CSB al2000.

I've never thought Rondos pics were very good.

HPIM1174.jpg
Here's a pic of the fretboard.

Nicely done inlays for a budget guitar but the frets are a little smaller in width than advertised, at least on mine.

HPIM1175.jpg
Good luck.
:)

Wow. I'm getting an AL and I had been considering a (tobacco) sunburst. Your pic changed my mind. Gonna get the CSB.

Nice guitar.

• Members

RKO: Nice axe, nice pics! Thanks for sharing.

I'm a guitar rookie; playing for about a year after a 30+ year break to grow up and raise kids... I've been going back and forth and Epi/Agile/Toaki/Gibson. Being more of a newbie, I can't justify >$1200 on a guitar. I'm ready to pull the trigger on an AL-3000 (either Cherry or Heritage sunburst). So what if it's not a Gison. I ain't Jimmy Page either. And (pls don't flame me for this) if a guy like Paul Stanley can play Silvertones...

Kurt, please pick out a nice one for me! :D

DJChase, have you bought it yet? Pls post pics after you do.

• Members

i Love mine to death too - I have the Black w/Gold 2000 - it's an amazing copy for the money - I played on a Gibson LP Custom (also black w/gold naturally) for 4 or 5 years and I swear this thing is 80% of what the Gibson was for a whole lot less.

No scratches - it's reflections, etc... Also when I took this the day it arrived I still had "film" on the pickguard - I took it off and the PG is high gloss too - a beautiful finish on this thing... Will take more inside but I'll do the next ones on Red Velvet backdrops :)

AL1.jpg

AL3.jpg

• Members

I bought my AL2500 from Kurt in 2004. I went through Rondo, just so I could have it shipped in a Case. If you're gonna buy a case, I would order it with the Guitar. I recently bought a SX SST57, through Ebay, and although they shipped it in two boxes, I'd still rather have a guitar shipped in a hard case. Kurt was out of the hard cases for SX Strat Guitars when I bought mine.

saxdaddy; I've been playing on and off, right at thirty years, and I HIGHLY recommend Agile, or SX Guitars. For the money, their is NOT a better Guitar! If you order through Rondo, and are not pleased with the Guitar, they will exchange it.

• Members

Originally posted by djchase7

All good things to consider. I'm going the ebay route and no case. If I don't get this one then I'll order from Rondo and spring for the case.

This thing went for 300 bucks! wow. Thats quite a bit for a used guitar.

I'm ordering sunday.http://www.rondomusic.net/al2000blackcherryflm.htmlI'm really gona do it!

Archived