Do you use water to clean strings?

expertune

• Members

When I was in school, we used to take the strings off the guitar when they got really dirty, and boil them in water for 15 minutes. Then we would put them in the oven and dry them. This would remove all sweat and dirt, and the strings would have that "new strings" tone a little longer. But of course, they would wear out eventually..

• Members

Originally posted by Ramblin

When I was in school, we used to take the strings off the guitar when they got really dirty, and boil them in water for 15 minutes. Then we would put them in the oven and dry them. This would remove all sweat and dirt, and the strings would have that "new strings" tone a little longer. But of course, they would wear out eventually..

I never had good results with that for Guitar, but it seemed to do the trick on bass

Originally posted by Ramblin

At my age with 7 kids, I barely have time to cook dinner let alone cook my strings. Got to webstrings or some other internet place. Buy em in bulk and change em often if you are a "sweaty" and save a lot of money if you're not!!! :thu:

But never never never use.... 'semen'. If God had meant you to use semen on guitars he'd have made them look like women... hmmm they do look a little like women... I'll get back to you on that.....:rolleyes:

Archived