Ibanez RG350DX - my new toy!!!

Pied

• Members

Just picked up a (barely) used RG350DX on ebay - arrived IN TUNE - and plays great! The only issue is that there is some static noise from the tone and volume knobs, and the 5 way switch. Any suggestions where to get some high quality replacement parts? Thanks!

• Members

Thanks for the reply fellas! I'll get some pics up soon!

Since I need to replace some electronics i'm gonna put in new pick-ups. Recommendations please!!! I have heard Tone Zone and Air Norton - and i'd like to have a stratty-type pick-up for the center!

Thanks!!!

• Members

CONGRATS! I have a 350 dx, it is a dream. I have the stock pups in mine still, no problems with them. There's a nother guy around here with a 350 dx....he has modded it...can't recall his name right now, I seen it in his gear list sig. Hope the Ibanez is a joy for you as much as mine is for me.:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by Pied

Thanks for the reply fellas! I'll get some pics up soon!

Since I need to replace some electronics i'm gonna put in new pick-ups. Recommendations please!!! I have heard Tone Zone and Air Norton - and i'd like to have a stratty-type pick-up for the center!

Thanks!!!

I'd try a Mo' Joe, PAF joe or Fred and a YJM in the middle.

• Members

Ok - so here is a pic for the time being...

I have decided to go all out and block the trem , install new pickups, replace the hardware, and then i'll post up a few more!

RG350DX.jpg

i am looking into getting the ex model cause im in need of a guita with a trem,and just wondering what does "block the trem" mean exactly?:confused:

• Members

Originally posted by led_acdc

i am looking into getting the ex model cause im in need of a guita with a trem,and just wondering what does "block the trem" mean exactly?
:confused:

The dx has a trem as well. Check out the S series.

• Members

Originally posted by LouRed

I'd try a Mo' Joe, PAF joe or Fred and a YJM in the middle.

Man, I have been going back and forth on the pickups! The suggestions are great though - anyone else? Might be your last chance to tell me what to install! Go my new hardware on the way so the operation should be underway within the next few weeks.

And I was planning to use an F-spaced pickup, at least in the bridge - right??

• Members

if you want an ibanez with a trem, i'd stay away from any of their guitars with the lo-trs series. if you block them, it doesn't matter, but i've had nothing but trouble with them (in both 6 and 7 string variations). they're made of really soft metal and don't return to pitch well.

one good thing about them, though, is that an original floyd rose (the best, imho), is a direct drop-in replacement.

i love those white ibanezes (ibani? haha) with the matching headstocks, though. and sharktooth inlays = awesome. that guitar is gonna be killer with the blocked trem and the new pickups. congrats!

• Members

Ok - so here is a pic for the time being...

I have decided to go all out and block the trem , install new pickups, replace the hardware, and then i'll post up a few more!

RG350DX.jpg

Thats just like the 450dx i used to have I had a Duncan Jazz/Custom and a Kent Armstrong middle huge improvement over stock,swapped out the pots and jack too.The humbuckers were black and I put chrome knobs on it gave it more of a metal guitar look.

Archived