Wanna good laugh? File a warranty claim with Fender!

cdp

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hot Licks in Waldorf. They've been very good about it, and have stayed in touch with me throughout the whole mess so I have nothing bad to say about them. My understanding is that the Fender rep is mighty scarce, while the rep he replaced made regular visits to the store and would have resolved this a long time ago.

I saw some really nice Deans last time I was there, might be time to give one of those Dean Hardtails a test drive...:cool:

• Members

Originally posted by cdp

Hot Licks in Waldorf.

Thank you. I would have figured Chuck Levin's to be the #1 Fender dealer for Mid-Atlantic.

I've never heard of Hot Licks. I'll have to check it out the next time I'm down that way. Is it located right on Rt. 301?

• Members

Yeah, just off of 301 South in Waldorf. Harlan, Cricket, Gene and Josh are all really good guys. I've bought a lot of gear over the years from them - most recently my Mesa Lone Star 1/2 stack, my Musicman Bass and...uh...the Strat...lol

I got both of my PRS's and my Bogner Shiva up at Chuck Levins - Paul Schein is the man!

• Members

Good news, the store just called and they're going to work out a deal with me to get me out of the guitar. Fender just told them it would be between 1 week and 6 months before I get a replacement neck - they couldn't narrow it down any better than that. And that's once they reach a decision - which hasn't happened yet....So 'at best' somewhere between April and October, they aren't quite sure. lol

Gotta go, thanks for all the replies to my post!

• Members

Happy ending for you, but a ridiculous, assanine, horrible customer service "final answer" from what is supposed to be one of the best American guitar manufacturers.

Wow, I am blown away by Fender's nonchalance and "we'll get to, if and when we get to it", attitude on this! Honestly, this sort of CS could really deter me from buying Fender products in the future!

• Members

Originally posted by sunset_gun

Unless I've missed something, this is not a "non-decision"....they just have not reached a decision.

How long should one expect to wait for a decision on something as simple as this? Cracked board, pics, dealer's opinion....you're wrong on this....

• Members

sorry to hear about your troubles with fender but 3 weeks its not too long of a time to get thru all this. i had a similiar situation with ovation and it took just about a month and i was taken care of. yes I was pissed but thats a price to pay - sometime you have to wait even when you dont think you should have to.

I must have missed your last post- I hope your dealer gave you a trade in price of what you paid for the guitar- I think the dealer should have replaced that guitar right away- i know musicians freind or sam ash or on eof th emajor retailers would have done that.

• Members

Originally posted by knotty

If you think this happens every time Fender get a warranty claim I am not surprised you are not in manufacturuing any more.

+1

I work in an ISO certified machine shop in the QC department and i can tell you from first hand experience this guy is really ill informed.

• Members

If you think this happens every time Fender get a warranty claim I am not surprised you are not in manufacturiing any more.

Originally posted by sultan417

+1

I work in an ISO certified machine shop in the QC department and i can tell you from first hand experience this guy is really ill informed.

Years ago, my wife was a Certified Quality Engineer and a 6 Sigma Master Black Belt, ISO/QSO 9K Auditor, etc....

I seriously doubt Fender is even ISO qualified. They don't need to be.

With that said, I'm sure they look at warranty market claims data, but are not going to hold up a replacement while they find out who's to blame.

• Members

Originally posted by PolyFmorf

If you think this happens every time Fender get a warranty claim I am not surprised you are not in manufacturiing any more.

Years ago, my wife was a Certified Quality Engineer and a 6 Sigma Master Black Belt, ISO/QSO 9K Auditor, etc....

I seriously doubt Fender is even ISO qualified. They don't need to be.

With that said, I'm sure they look at warranty market claims data, but are not going to hold up a replacement while they find out who's to blame.

Exactly, Fender dosent work for other people like a job shop or a steel mill, so they dont need to be ISO to get work. I could see a computerized shop system like Vista or whatnot, but not ISO.

They keep replacment necks, bodies and other parts on hand that arent on the production line. They wouldnt "pull one off the production line" unless they were retarded or wanted to lose profitability. I mean {censored}, they even sell replacement bodies and necks and other parts.

People like Fender dont really care whose to blame on any single return. If there were 200 guitars returned with the same problem, i could see them investigating it. But it would cost them more money to find out who is to blame for a single {censored}ed up guitar than it would to replace the whole damn guitar, let alone the neck.

Trust me they have the foreknowlegde that they will have scrap and returns and warantee claims, they've been at this for a coupla years now. The threadstarter is probably slogging through 10 or so people at Fender who dont give a {censored} about a person like they should or are encumbered by corporate bureaucracy.

Archived