Washburn X40 Pro

satannica

• Members

^that's what i thought. In the UK it's nearly worth it for the parts, lol.

The only reason I didn't order one was that it has a 42mm nut width, I prefer 43mm- i always feel cramped on 42mm.

I haven't tried it unfortunately, but i'd have pulled the trigger if it had had my preferred nut width.

You're looking at machinehead, aren't you? Since you're in London I'd just take a trip there to try them...

:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by Dave_Mc_2

^that's what i thought. In the UK it's nearly worth it for the parts, lol.

The only reason I didn't order one was that it has a 42mm nut width, I prefer 43mm- i always feel cramped on 42mm.

I haven't tried it unfortunately, but i'd have pulled the trigger if it had had my preferred nut width.

You're looking at machinehead, aren't you? Since you're in London I'd just take a trip there to try them...

Gah! The wiley Irish man has me pegged again! hahahaha. I'll definately give it a spin! May as well, eh?

• Members

^ :D

I very nearly took a spin out to machinehead last summer when i was in london, but i got to try out all the amps i wanted to at other closer guitar shops, and at that time they had sold out of the washburn x40 pro...

Foiled!

I'd have thought the x50 pro and idols would be worth a look too, but they're hardtails.

EDIT: i'm not all that fussed on duncans to be honest, but i realise that at that price (in the UK) it's a steal to get them, lol (haven't tried the distortion, but i didn't really like the '59 when i tried it on a different guitar).

• Members

Well I'm looking for a decent slinger guitar. We're going to Europe soon and on tour with (hopefully) a good named band. I wanna make sure I can cover it in stickers and go mad with it... its going to be a keeper, whatever I do!

I just noticed actually onlinestagegear are doing the NJ Necktrhu series. I can get one to here for about

• Members

Im looking at second guitars at the moment and ive came accross theese as good value:

Jackson DKMG Dinky

Jackson RR3

Schecter C-1 Blackjack

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser

Schecter C-1 Elite

Washburn X50 Pro

PRS Custom SE w/Trem

PRS Singlecut SE

Ibanez SZ520FM/QM

Ibanez S520EX

Ibanez SAS32FM

Ibanez RG320FM