anyone ever wire a switch backwards?

voneville

• Members

Or does this matter on a tele 3 way swtich? For some reason I can't seem to get my neck pickup to work on my squier affinity telecaster. I replaced the switch and it's still not working. I tested the pickup and it's not dead. I followed the wiring diagram from the fender site. All of this started when I wired in a new bridge pickup. I didn't make a diagram figuring they would have diagrams online. Hmmm. Any thoughts? Oh, and the neck pup is a Texas Special (has 3 wires, but the yellow is just a ground I believe, maybe I'm wrong and I'm grounding out?). I figure I'll ask the experts.

• Members

Originally posted by voneville

used that one... basically the same thing from what I can tell, but the affinity has two caps... that's the only variation.

On the TS Tele pickup in normal operation, the white is hot, and the yellow and black are ground (or at least they should be). I've read some stuff about disconnecting a connection on the pickup itself, but I never knew what the reasoning was for it.

When you tested the pickup, did you hot-wire it to a cable, and then tap it with a screwdriver and hear it through an amp? Or did you just test continuity with a meter?

Archived