my last tele question

StratAttackJack

• Members

Would it be worth it to spend the extra couple hundred on the Deluxe Nashville Tele instead of the Standard Tele? They are both obviously mexican made so they come from the same place - is there a huge difference? I have strats so I dont need a tele that can sound like a strat, if thats the only real difference.

• Members

In my experience, by and large the quality has been a little better on the Nashvilles than the Standards. Nothing major, just little things like loose pots and the odd rough fret.

I think the Nashville has different p'ups than the Standard, obviously other than the Strat p'up. I think they might be Tex Mex or summat like that, i can't remember. Both are solid, good guitars, though.

Try a few of each if you can.

• Members

Originally posted by batotman

I didnt' like the Nashville Power Tele I had. The piezo (only on the Power model) was cool but the Tex Mex pickups I found lacking. I wouldn't spend that much coin on one.

Youre a 'bucker man, boatman.

• Members

I recently was planing on buying a Nashville Tele. Went in the guitar store played around for about an hour on it and a standard tele. I left the store with a brand new standard tele. I personally like the tone i was getting out of the standard much better then the nashville. The best way to find out is head to a store and play both and see what you prefer.

• Members

Originally posted by StratAttackJack

Would it be worth it to spend the extra couple hundred on the Deluxe Nashville Tele instead of the Standard Tele? They are both obviously mexican made so they come from the same place - is there a huge difference? I have strats so I dont need a tele that can sound like a strat, if thats the only real difference.

Nope. Go with a Standard.

Archived