2 point pivot trem. on Fender Standard Strats

mysterybat35

• Members

I was just wondering. If Squier can put 2 point pivot tremolos on their $199 Strats, then why doesn't Fender put 2 point pivot tremolos on their $399 Standard Strats? They are much better for keeping in tune and Fender knows how much better they are better because they put them on all of the American strats. I would figure they would at least put them on their Deluxe strats... Nope..

Does anyone know of any production plans of 2 point pivot tremolos appearing on the cheaper Standard Fender Strats?

MB35

• Members

I really have no idea if this is correct or not, but maybe they feel it would be too much "goodness" for the $$$ (especially on top of all the other improvements they've made on the '06 MIMs).. I'm sure they know that there would come a point when there aren't enough differences in quality to justify the extra hundreds of dollars (MIJ anyone?). Hell, a lot of people already feel that way about the mexicans vs americans.

• Members

I've got the 2-point trem on my american deluxe strat, and the vintage trem on my california series strat. I love 'em both.. I keep the trem on the deluxe floating, and the cal series blocked.. Anyway, the 2-point trem is superior, if you actually use it.

• Members

The 2 point pivot post trem that Fender uses on thier USA American Standard series strats is THE SAME as seen on the import models.Same trem.,Same Posts,Same components.
They *UP-Graded* the import models to have the same type of pivot post trem system because of tooling costs and other considerations.I work on them alot and the post system tremolos are very well made,but I Like(*Prefer*) the individual stamped FENDER vintage model trems better for just vibe and asthetics.
They BOTH Intonate and adjust accurately-but most of my Fender customers prefer the older vintage 6 screw type strat trem.
Vince
Huntington Guitars
Huntington Connecticut

Archived