Really need help ASAP w/my new Traktor software!

mcnyc

• Members

Hi,

Really need help ASAP w/my new Traktor software!

I can't figure out how to choose a set of songs to then set up to record so I can make mixed Cd's -Please help!

I've been a Vinyl&Cd DJ for years but am new to putting it all together on just a computer -PC.

I have a bit of exp w/Pro Tools and Logic but by no means an expert. I've also worked w/ALL kinds of mixers w/crossfaders, loops, sampling, recording, etc.

Just can't figure out how to get a set of music together to then set up to be recorded via Traktor!!!!

The Traktor directions manuals include VERY little about how to make a mixed Cd(?) and that demonstration video is extremely useless unless you've NEVER seen a mixer before or NEVER turned up or down a volume on ANYTHING!!

DUH!

No info on video on how to record a Cd-?? I know there's some new 20 hour Traktor demonstration DVD w/a bunch of DJ talking heads, but what's the point? This new DVD they want you to buy does not seem to include any "How To" regarding creating a mixed set to record.

All of these DJ software companies need to look at the ease and simplicity that iTunes uses. None of this should be so %# complicated like they make it out to be. Too many useless and forced options!

I'm sure that won't happen...not until iTunes decides to make their own DJ software program. Which will be extremely easy and user friendly, purchased buy millions...then and ONLY then will other DJ software Co's take note and do the same. Much like what happened when Apple/Mac made things easier -Microsoft copied!...and now we have the iPhone making it all easier (yes, I know there a glitches...which are getting fixed) for all w/cell phones, palms, blkberrys, etc. You see what Sprint, TMobile are doing now?

I don't even own a Mac, just making a (overwritten/wind-baggy) point.

excuse the ranting...please help.

Thanks

Archived