My black Standard Strat (soon to be secondary)

sporka

• Members

I haven't yet introduced myself on this board yet, even though so many of you input and explained about an issue that would make this guitar secondary.

This is the first guitar I ever bought, it came with a white pickguard, I bought it new from Guitar center around 2 years ago.

I traded my pickguard to my friends late 70's (actual vintage pickguard which he had on his dad's strat).

I suppose I wanted it to resemble Gilmour's WishYouWereHere/Animal era black strat. I think it looks better anyway.

Pics(toomany?):

blackstrat1.jpg

+a glimpse of man's worst enemy, a fender frontman 15G, none of the knobs work, the distortion is dead. (I don't know how it even produces sound, still). However, don't fear, when I upgrade to a vintage custom 50/100 from Hiwatt, it will make it all worthwhile

blackstrat2.jpg

blackstrat3.jpg

blackstrat4.jpg

blackstrat5.jpg

blackstrat6.jpg

blackstrat9.jpg

Whew, those were lots o' pics.

Anway, it has 11 guage strings on it.

I thought I was some kind of SRV-bred player, ended up hurting my fingers, but I kind of got used to it. (really skinny fingers here.)

It will soon be a wife to Eric Johnson's signature strat, which the members on this board help speculate about.

Also, if anyone can link/explain a tutorial for a good method of adjusting action on a strat such as this?

Thanks, and glad to be a part of this board.

Archived