Opinions on the Jackson RR1

ReighIB

• Members

Well lately im looking to buy a new guitar and I was looking at some Gibson Les Pauls, then I came across the RR1. It looks beautiful and I love Randy Rhoads so I thought to myself, "Why not get this guitar?" So I tried to test the RR1 but my local guitar shop doesnt carry high-end Jackson models for some reason. I dont know if i should go through the troubles to find this model to test it out. Or should I just stick with the Les Pauls since I already in liking of those guitars? So for all of you out there who has the RR1, is it really that good of a guitar? Im really curious.

• Members

Man, I had a USA RR1 years ago and it is still to this day, the BEST guitar I've ever played. Get one and I promise you won't regret it..as long as you play metal. It is surprisingly versatile, sustains for eternity. You have to order them through a Jackson dealer and it can take up to six months to get the damn thing because they are made to order. I WILL HAVE ANOTHER!

• Members

I have 4 Gibson LP's and 2 USA RR1's. They are all excellent guitars - you can't go wrong with either.

All of my Gibsons have thin necks, but of course the RR1's have even thinner necks. The jumbo frets are very nice as well.

I don't have issues standing or sitting playing either. But I will say, you need to be a lot more careful with an RR1 with the tips and all. A Les Paul with a ding looks "relic'd", but an RR1 with a ding just sucks.

• Members

I loved my RR1; awesome guitar (and for what it's worth, I thought it was totally comfy to play sitting down; in the classical postion)

But that said, and RR1 and an LP are totally different guitars; if you're really choosing between the two, I'd definetely try to play both first before buying. If your local store doesn't carry the USA jacksons, you can try to find a lower-rung RR (RR3 or RR5) (keeping in mind that the feel of the RR1 may be a bit different, especially if you try out a bolt-on (RR1s are neckthrough).

Archived