Careers with guitars?

Devinstation

• Members

This question goes out to anyone who has a career involving or working with guitars. What do you do? How did you get into it? simply put I love guitars, and not just playing them, but like most people here messing with them, modifying them, building them (which I have yet to do but want to!)

I have been seriously considering becoming a luthiere as a career, not as a hobby. What steps should I take to reach there?

Does anyone have any good schools that would teach me guitar craft? Or does anyone know any good luthieres that take apprentices.

Allow me to lay out my plan for you.

Next year is my senior year in high school, I'm at the end of my junior year and I really can't see myself doing anything else. I plan on going to an instate school here in South Carolina to get my buisness degree. After that I plan on dedicating as long as it takes for me to be able to build from scratch a high-quality instrument that has the potential to sell.

Well I know a bunch of places here in SC to get a buisness degree, but where should I go to learn how to build a guitar, repair a guitar, build pickups etc. etc ....

Help?

Archived