Two Caps on a Tele?

voneville

• Members

My affinity tele (99) has really weird wiring. I've posted a thread asking for help in the past and got jack {censored}. Maybe someone can help with this question. Why would you have a cap on the volume and the tone pot? Also, they look like green chicklets and have lots of numbers on them, but no value's.

I can't find a diagram for it. I removed the pickups when I was doing some mods, and didn't make a diagram (thinking they were online). When I put it back together I used a standard Tele diagram (from the fender site, the squier site does not have a diagram for the affinity tele's, and it's different then their standard).

I know my neck pickup isn't dead, but when I connect it to the new switch (just like the diagram, jumpers and all) I can't get it to work. The bridge pickup works just fine. I installed a P-90, and the cut-out feature is actually handy, but it's pissing me off that I can't trouble shoot it. I did the methodical approach from the pickups to the jack and can't find anything wrong or improperly grounded (or grounding out).

So if you have an Affinity Tele could you please pop the control plate and take a look at possibly snap a shot for me?

• Members

Originally posted by GuitArtMan

Give the man a cigar.

Wow, that's pretty fancy for an affinity model. So far that beats any idea I've come up with.

Still doesn't help my switch problem. Hmm, well, maybe I'll just drop a Switchcraft LP switch in there. Much easier to hook up, they're like moron proof.

Archived