Air guitar competition-SanFran-Question

CrackerD

• Members

My buddy's girlfriend wants us to go to the International Air Guitar Competiton. So, my question is this:

Should I bring my Glock for it's high capacity clip (shoot more competitors)?

OR

Should I bring my Remington 870 (less ammo, but they will certainly STAY down)?

What do you guysgals think?:confused: :confused:

• Members
Originally posted by CrackerD

My buddy's girlfriend wants us to go to the International Air Guitar Competiton. So, my question is this:

Should I bring my Glock for it's high capacity clip (shoot more competitors)?

OR

Should I bring my Remington 870 (less ammo, but they will certainly STAY down)?

What do you guysgals think?
:confused:

hmmm air guitar competition, I don't think you need the Glock, one bullet for yourself will be enough;) :D .
kidding...with a little alcool this has to be a lot of fun

• Members
I don't think you need the Glock, one bullet for yourself will be enough

An air rifle, of course.

LMAO.:D

Sheesh, I was kidding around, but these are very good ideas....

Maybe I should give competing a shot.....:confused: God knows I wouldn't win a REAL guitar competition!!:(

• Members

Maybe I should give competing a shot.....
God knows I wouldn't win a REAL guitar competition!!
:(

Me either. But something I started to do when I learn a song is to crank it up on the stereo and play air guitar to it first. Seriously. I get a feel for the song, how it makes me feel, how I'm going to play it, etc.
Yes, I'm a total dork when I do this (I do it when nobody's around) but believe it or not, it helps me.
But I don't think I'm ready to take on the "pros" though. :)

• Members

Thursday, May 11, 9 p.m.

U.S. Air Guitar Championships
Founded in 2003, the U.S. Air Guitar Championships have finally made their way to the fine city of San Francisco. The Bay Area community of oddballs and exhibitionists should have no trouble representing with gusto. But do we have what it takes to make it on the international scene? After beating the competition in 2003 and 2004, the

U.S. placed no better than seventh in last year's world championships. This year, Team U.S.A. is determined to return the crown to its rightful home.

U.S. Air Guitar is devoted to taking our nation's unofficial pastime out of the bedroom and putting it up on the world stage.
U.S. Air Guitar is an official member of the World Air Guitar Association. Each year, USAG sends the U.S. Air Guitar Champion to compete for the world title in Oulu, Finland. To find out more, click

Dang, looks like you may have to miss this one Prages!! There will plenty of other stuff to do here though. Lotta cool guitar shops. You have to check out Rocker Guitars and a few others.
You might even be able to pick up a nice pedal board....

:freak:

• Members

You might even be able to pick up a nice pedal board....

:freak:

Why I oughtta! :mad:

We're only going to be in San Fran Saturday and Sunday. We're spending the first night in Monterey, then camping a few night in North Los Padres, then spending Saturday night in San Fran, and I'm flying home on Sunday morning.

Probably won't get to visit too many guitar shops, and even if I did, I couldn't buy much since I've gotta fly home.

• Members
Me either. But something I started to do when I learn a song is to crank it up on the stereo and play air guitar to it first. Seriously. I get a feel for the song, how it makes me feel, how I'm going to play it, etc.

"My name is Jimi Ray Halen, and I play Air Guitar. It never used to interfere with my life at first then one day....."

:D

• Members

what's the best kind of guitar for doing air guitar with?

I mean, you can't just stand there pretending to play a guitar. You've got to stand there pretending to play a PRS or something.

Air Guitar. A rock concert for mimes. WTF.

• Members
Originally posted by Janx

what's the best kind of guitar for doing air guitar with?

I mean, you can't just stand there pretending to play a guitar. You've got to stand there pretending to play a PRS or something.

Air Guitar. A rock concert for mimes. WTF.

Something like this maybe.

2c_1_b.JPG

or if you prefer Gibson

83_1_b.JPG

• Members

"My name is Jimi Ray Halen, and I play Air Guitar. It never used to interfere with my life at first then one day....."

:D

It was really difficult to NOT pick up my guitar and play along with the song the first time.

Of course, some folks probably wish I'd play air guitar all the time. :D

But I just get totally absorbed in the song and try to capture the "vibe" before I get into the actual nuts and bolts. I guess it helps because somewhere along the way of learning to play a bunch of songs I forgot how to just listen to music without analyzing it.

And I started to just listen to CDs again from beginning to end. It's weird that learning songs kept me from enjoying the simple pleasure of just listening.

Archived