LP... Pickups?

Jeff_Reigns

• Members

Yes yes, I'm looking to replace the pickups in a LP standard.

I'm looking for something gainy... something that wouldn't be muddy.

I LOVE the Air Norton as far as neck pickups go, but I'm afraid it might be a bit too much in a LP. Any suggestions? Thanks guys.

BTW, I'm looking at replacing both neck and bridge. Hopefully someone on here has some experience with something like this.

• Members
Originally posted by Jeff_Reigns

Yes yes, I'm looking to replace the pickups in a LP standard.

I'm looking for something gainy... something that wouldn't be muddy.

I LOVE the Air Norton as far as neck pickups go, but I'm afraid it might be a bit too much in a LP. Any suggestions? Thanks guys.

BTW, I'm looking at replacing both neck and bridge. Hopefully someone on here has some experience with something like this.

Yeah, the air noton might be a little muddy in the neck, but it depends what kind of sounds you're going for.

If you want the kinda sounds LP players usually want then I'm pretty sure you won't mind the JB/JAZZ combo or even JB/Paf Pro combo

If you really want that grainy crunch the custom might be your beast ;)

• Members
Originally posted by Tonemeister69

Yeah, the air noton might be a little muddy in the neck, but it depends what kind of sounds you're going for.

If you want the kinda sounds LP players usually want then I'm pretty sure you won't mind the JB/JAZZ combo or even JB/Paf Pro combo

If you really want that grainy crunch the custom might be your beast
;)

I'm looking for a shreddy sound in the neck(I currently have a Dean Flying V with a Air Norton in the neck, whew I love that tone)... ala John Petrucci, etc, and a all-out ass kicking pickup in the bridge. I was thinking along the lines of a Bill Lawrence L500XL(from what I've heard, its got output, and it isn't a one-trick pony like alot of pickups are), or just anything that will kick your ass, punchy bass, etc.

--Edit:

Judging by what I just said, you can guess that I like Dime's tone. As well as Zakk's, I'm looking for something in that area without having to go active. I'm not trying to sound like them, just get in that range, if you catch my drift.

Archived