GFS Crunchy or FAT???

TELE2000

• Members

Hi!

I've got a problem: I'd like to get a SD Jeff Beck, BUT it's just too expensive! Si I decided to order a GFS PU - but which model goes into the JB-direction? The Fat PAF or the Crunchy PAF? Where is the difference between those PUs? I'm asking you this because for some reason Jay from GFS didn't answer my emails.

The next question is: Which Lil' Killer Neck-PU would fit to the Fat or Crunchy PAF? The 6k, 10k or 13k version?

Thanx and greetings from Germany!

TELE2000

• Members

What do these pups sound like? Does the Fat PAF favor the JB? Jay told me the Crunchy PAF was sort of like a Super Distortion. I need a couple of bridge pickups for my Epi Les Pauls and I'm unsure which way to go.

• Members

Originally posted by VanR

What do these pups sound like? Does the Fat PAF favor the JB? Jay told me the Crunchy PAF was sort of like a Super Distortion. I need a couple of bridge pickups for my Epi Les Pauls and I'm unsure which way to go.

So no one has played either of these pickups? OK Duncan Custom it is.

• Members

...Jay answered me! He said, I should take the Fat PAF (because it has Alnico 5 magnets and the Crunchy has ceramic) with a 10k Lil' Killer! Well, I think I'll believe him...

Regards!

TELE2000

• Members

Originally posted by TELE2000

...Jay answered me! He said, I should take the Fat PAF (because it has Alnico 5 magnets and the Crunchy has ceramic) with a 10k Lil' Killer! Well, I think I'll believe him...

Regards!

TELE2000

In that case I might have to order a FAT PAF myself.

Archived