Ibanez Artist in the 1980...

HighVolter29

• Members

Originally posted by HighVolter29

How much should an Ibanez Artist made in 1980 should be selling at !?!

I've seen one for sell, 1981, it only gots dot inlays but got the nice headstock.

Thanks

It really depends on the Model # and condition. Any pics?

• Members

i've seen some models go for over 1800.

there are a lot of models in the Artist group - solids, semi's and hollowbodies - the solids seem to go anywhere from $600 - $900.

i saw a 2 f-hole semi hollow with no scratches or rust go for 2100 the other day.

• Members

Originally posted by sonaboy

i've seen some models go for over 1800.

there are a lot of models in the Artist group - solids, semi's and hollowbodies - the solids seem to go anywhere from $600 - $900.

i saw a 2 f-hole semi hollow with no scratches or rust go for 2100 the other day.

Ya the prices on some Artist models is "silly". Esspecially when they creep into vintage U.S.A. guitar values.

• Members

Originally posted by HighVolter29

Would 600$ US for this one be good ?

if there's nothing wrong with the electronics, or it hasn't had a crack in the body/neck - then yes.

i'm not sure what the pickups are, but the bound neck and body put that model right in line for the "better than average" quality model.

i say get it.

• Members

Originally posted by Burningleaves

Ya the prices on some Artist models is "silly". Esspecially when they creep into vintage U.S.A. guitar values.

well, the Artist model that sold for 2100 was absolutely beautiful - it was their top of the line model semi, with no buckle rash or decay on the metal parts, with a figured , bookmatched maple top and mother of pearl binding throughout.

the thing was over 20 years old, and was perfect. it IS a vintage collectors item, when you think about it.

myself, i would probably purchase a Hamer ahead of an Ibanez, but those old Artist axes are no joke, especially when compared to new Gibby quality.

Archived