It's a bird, it's a plane....no, its a....

• Moderators

Fecker!!!

Ahem, pardon my juvenile nature, but after changing the neck on my newly acquired Fenix, for this '62 neck I've had knocking around for ages, I thought it had to have summat on the headstock so.....

pals.jpg

fullfeck.jpg

along with the neck change, its had a full rewire, with CTS pots, a TBX tone pot and a set of GFS Overwound Greybottoms. Is it good? Good enough to cancel my plans to sell my BMW and buy a Jeff Beck Sig.

• Moderators

Originally posted by Frets99

Clips???

The pics say keep the Beemer but what do the clips say??
:thu:

I don't know how to do clips man:(

Somebody reckons the easiest and most versatile is by using a POD? and then I get the nice modelling {censored} as well, and USB straight to computer?

Any suggestions gratefully received:D

• Moderators

Originally posted by MONGOOZ

where did you get that neck.....i want one!!!!!

really!!!

Actually you can have it. It's a tad too much for me. You like the flame and the vintage colour? It was just a stop gap until I decided which Warmoth neck I wanted.

the flaming is quite heavy at the back too. I'll try and photograph it, although flaming dont take good pics.

Seriously...you want it?

• Members

Originally posted by Fosse Fox

Actually you can have it. It's a tad too much for me. You like the flame and the vintage colour? It was just a stop gap until I decided which Warmoth neck I wanted.

the flaming is quite heavy at the back too. I'll try and photograph it, although flaming dont take good pics.

Seriously...you want it?

are those med-jumbo frets?? do you know the radius of the fingerboard?? and what about the back of the neck.....how big is it, compared to a standard MIA??

oh yea....how much do ya need for it?

• Members

jeez....if i were to get that, then i'd hafta call my old band mate Rick, and see what kind of strat bodies he has lyin around....then i'd hafta call Owen Duffy, and tell him to make up another set of pups for me......but, what the heck.....

• Moderators

Originally posted by MONGOOZ

are those med-jumbo frets?? do you know the radius of the fingerboard?? and what about the back of the neck.....how big is it, compared to a standard MIA??

oh yea....how much do ya need for it?

I'll get the micrometer out for the frets although I doubt whether they are medium jumbo. I'll try and work out the board radius as well, but as far as I know its built on a 62.

• Members

Fosse,

I just bought an M-Audio Black Box for recording.

Real simple to use (usb into pc) and kicks ASS after the free Ver.2 firmware upgrade.

I am NO recording guru (have a Zoom MRS8 too, but it gives me a headache trying to work it all out lol) but got clips down after 1 hour. Thats unpacking, updating firmware etc. included!

The modelling now is great too!

And they are blowing em out most places for 99 quid!

I got mine in US (live in Texas) but am bringing it "home" with me today (when I fly this evening to be with my folks in Wiltshire).

Hope this helps,

Nick

• Members

Between Salisbury and Stonehenge.

Might try to get to Bath to see that vintage shop y'all have there (been away about 7 years now).

My dad is NOT good with terminal cancer though, so maybe not this trip.

Moving back for good in about 6-8 weeks (american fiance/to be wife, step daughter, dog and all :) oh and my guitars :)).

I have tried the Pod and the layout on the Black Box is MUCH easier to me (big screen, knobs etc.) and is ALOT cheaper right now. I have a Boss GT8 and some models in the Black Box are better

http://www.turnkey.co.uk/web/productAction.do;jsessionid=FDC145F6D2C641547127767C535C4492?dispatch=showProduct&SKU=MMAN-BLACKBOX&context=WEB

Ableton software is easy to use (free upgrade also when register).

All in all, VERY impressed, ESP. for price.

Archived