reranch down!

rahimiiii

• Members

I dont know what is going on with reranch, but it is down. If you type www.reranch.com it gives a blank page, and the forum is down as well. The www.flash.net/reranch (or something like it) site is still up however if you follow the link to the forum it is down as well. I emailed and got no answer so I was wondering are they going out of business?

I want to ask a question about sunbursting, I got a Fender American deluxe alder body with "amber" finish which is basically a butterscotch looking alder clear coated body. I dont like the color, it looks too dark and butterscotch really looks better on ash anyways. I am thinking of sunbursting it but I dont have and can't invest in expensive spray equipment and compressors. I can use a black spray paint to do the outter black area but I dont know what to do about the inner red area since no one makes spray paints in anniline dyes and I do not have access to preval unit (no one sells anything like it in Taiwan) I have dyes which I use for tie dye that I can dissolve in alcohol and use it as shader coat for the burst portion but I have no way of spraying it, so is it possible to whipe them onto a sealed body and then seal them in with clear lacquer? I am really lost as to what to do here but you know the wood grain does look good on the body and it does no good just sitting there doing nothing. Or am I just stuck with doing a 2 tone burst using black spray paints?

img00096fp.jpg

This is what the body looks like... I realize that Fender bodies shouldnt be tampered with but the resale on ebay for this color is so bad anyways so its probably worth a try...

• Members

Caveat: I've never done this and it may {censored} your {censored} up but...

Can't you use transparent paint? They sell small cans of it at hobby stores and will add color but you can still see through it. You can sometimes find larger cans at autoparts stores. Those cans are called "anodized" (which it is not).

This paint is also called "candy" paint and is usually sprayed over a metallic base coat. House of Kolor has a pretty large selection of "kandies" but they are hugely expensive and you need pro equipment to spray it.

Not sure how compatible any of this is to your current finish but if it works, should look nice.

• Members

Ok, the problem with hobby paint is that they are probably enamel or something which can cause huge problems, the finish on this body should be compatible with anything however since it is Fender factory finish and probably poly which is just next to impossible to dissolve in any solvents. I will sand some off and get to the sealer coat (I think they use fullerplast) then start there. If I can find any candy or whatever paint that would be nice, or else I will have to find ways to somehow spray dyes on this without spending on equipments...

Archived