Where do you buy your pots from? And what diameter/size ?

Gravity

• Members

I want to put some good pots, and new caps, into my two Agiles; an AS-820 (335-ish) semi-hollow and an AL2500 (LP-ish).

On both of these though, I noticed that a standard CTS pot wouldn't fit through the factory holes. I had a 250k pot lying around and was going to wire it up just for the hell of it, but it would not go into either guitar nicely.

I do plan on getting 500K's for these jobs though.

Can I get quality pots that will fit these holes or do I need to drill?

And I'm also assuming that I would need long-shafts for the AL2500.

Thanks

• Members

Guitar Fetish sells the same Alpha pots that are in the agiles if you need a replacement. I bought CTS pots as well, and I believe they fit through the holes (on my AL3000), but they didnt fit the knobs. I bought a push/pull alpha DPDT switch to do a mod, but it didnt quite fit through the hole. Its only about 1/16th off. Im going to take some sandpaper home today and open it a bit.

Also beware, the wiring in my AL3000 is totally different than what Ive seen in standard wiring diagrams like from Seymour Duncan. Debating whether to try and make this mod work with the current wiring or whether to desolder everything and start new.

--Chris--

• Members
Originally posted by Frets99

I buy most of my pot from this fellow. Very reliable even on rainy days!

dealer-img.jpg

Umm what.. huh.... (re-reading thread title... hmmm ... ohhhh)

Never mind....

LOL. Some would say this type is just as important for making you guitar sound good.

Archived