Fender Delux Powerhouse Strat Question

beard

• Members

I just bought a new Fender Delux Powerhouse Strat. I fell in love with the color first. (Carmel) Then I picked it up and it felt great in my hands. Then I played it and really liked the variance in tones. Like I said, I bought it. It has a feature called "tone boost" and has a 9 volt battery located in the back of the guitar. I feel stupid for asking this question, but does anyone have one of these and how do you get it to "kick in"? I love the sounds dI get out of it but can't figure out how to get the "Tone boost".

• Members

I own a Powerhouse and used to own a Deluxe Super, which was the earlier model of the Deluxe Players. Both are great guitars. I sold the Deluxe Super because I didn't like the Tex Mex pickups, but those have been replaced with noiseless pickups in the Deluxe Players model. Being able to get the missing pickup combinations is certainly a plus.

If anything, I think the Powerhouse is even more versatile with the midboost, it gives you tones that are much fatter than usual Strat tones - great for leads. The pickups on this one are actually American Standard/Series pickups, and the dummy coil is an AS Tele pickup, which cancels hum in all positions.

• Members
Originally posted by bdegrande

I own a Powerhouse and used to own a Deluxe Super, which was the earlier model of the Deluxe Players. Both are great guitars. I sold the Deluxe Super because I didn't like the Tex Mex pickups, but those have been replaced with noiseless pickups in the Deluxe Players model. Being able to get the missing pickup combinations is certainly a plus.

If anything, I think the Powerhouse is even more versatile with the midboost, it gives you tones that are much fatter than usual Strat tones - great for leads. The pickups on this one are actually American Standard/Series pickups, and the dummy coil is an AS Tele pickup, which cancels hum in all positions.

... and? :mad:

Archived