Help me choose between DiMarzio pickups, please-

atbear

• Members

Originally posted by atbear

Mine's pretty bright... with the maple neck through and maple top. Thanks for the suggestion.

no.. bright is solid german hard ash with a set maple neck. :) That's what my Tone Zone is in, and the result is FAR from bright. I would resistate to put the Tone Zone in anything darker, personally.

The Breed is a kick-ass bridge pickup that is just a shade on the 'dark' side.

• Members

I have a mahogany bodied Tele with the Tone Zone/Air Norton combo and it sounds incredible.

But the thing that really makes it is having a coil-split switch for them - especially the neck. It adds tremendous versatility and with the neck Air Norton in single coil mode, I can get really great Strat-like tones. Then flick the switch and it sounds more like a Gibson. The Tone Zone in the bridge in humbucker mode sounds amazing with high gain distortion for leads. I have a number of nice guitars, all with Duncan's, Lace Sensors, etc.

but this one is fast becoming my favorite for it's great tone and variety of sounds it's capable of.

• Members

Originally posted by vexed73

I would get a virtual vintage blues. I would also get push pull pots to split the humbuckers.

I have coil tap switches... thanks!

Looks like it's gonna be the Breeds.

Archived