Refinishing Body

Code-001

• Members

Anyone know where I can send my body to get refinished? I'm looking for some options. So far I know of:

GMW

LGM

Warmoth

http://www.simscustomshop.com/

GMW is pretty expensive, LGM isn't taking any orders and I'm not sure about SCS (but they have great prices). I'm wanting to paint a guitar Pearl Redburst so it's not something I could do myself. I had Warmoth finish a guitar of mine and it was pretty good, but there were some parts that should have been filled better. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

• Members

Originally posted by Funderbunk

Does Warmoth do refinishing, or even finishing on raw bodies that don't come from them?

Heh, guess not:

"WHAT DO WE PAINT?

We only offer finishing services for the parts that we build here. We do not accept any other parts for finishing or refinishing."

I had a custom Warmoth guitar built and I had them paint it. I assumed they did more than just their stuff, but I guess not.

• Members

Originally posted by BootRoots

Don DiMasi aka - Shvolehead. Hes the resident refin guru around here. PM him for a quote. He does top notch work.

Last I've heard, he has also suspended painting due to time consumption?

• Members
Originally posted by k4df4l

Tons of places do great refin work and you prb have several local....is there something specific you need?

There are no guitar specific painters/luthiers local and I haven't found a paint shop that does work I like, or rather, I don't trust them enough since it'll be a guitar dear to me. I was hoping to get it painted like Pearl Redburst that EBMM offers:

EB_PETRUCCI_PRB_R_PIE_tn.jpg

• Members
Originally posted by Code-001
There are no guitar specific painters/luthiers local and I haven't found a paint shop that does work I like, or rather, I don't trust them enough since it'll be a guitar dear to me. I was hoping to get it painted like Pearl Redburst that EBMM offers:

EB_PETRUCCI_PRB_R_PIE_tn.jpg

You can't find a good paint shop or skilled luthier/tech in south Fla? Sure anything is possible but it just seems unlikely. Outter mongolia, I could see.:eek:

• Members
Originally posted by k4df4l

You can't find a good paint shop or skilled luthier/tech in south Fla? Sure anything is possible but it just seems unlikely. Outter mongolia, I could see.
:eek:

Well I actually live in a more rural/redneck area of South FL and it's probably not as south as you think. I guess if I have to, I'll spend the day looking for a place in the phone book across different counties.

Archived