Telecaster Vs Resonator.

voneville

• Members

And the Highway 1. I didn't play them because I was in a hurry, but I am in the market for a new guitar. The neck looked a little chunky on the highway 1.

I've been thinking about a Resonator though, something in the 3 to 800 dollar range. I've been playing a ton of slide and really getting into it. I've been a long time fan of Delta Blues and general old timey music and always loved the dirty sound of a resonator.

I have 2 squier tele's now, and I'm happy with both. I would like a more traditional tele also, but could live without it if I had to. But I've never owned a Reso, and I've lived fine. Ah whats a player to do.

My big question is that anyone buy a resonator and then get sick of it? I know they were sort of a big thing for a while (lots of old threads on budget reso's, and I saw a lot of familiar names).

Should I go cheap and decide if it's for me? I know this might be "acoustic" forum material here, but the one I'm looking at has pickups, so it's technically an electric (Dean Chrome G) and I am looking for an electric guitars perspective.

• Members

Originally posted by voneville

My big question is that anyone buy a resonator and then get sick of it?

I bought a 100 dollar resonator and got very sick of it. Sold it. It was one of the wooden ones with the steel, uh... resonator? Thingamabob? mounted on the top.

I would've kept it if it played worth a damn, though. I don't think I'd have one as my only acoustic, but I liked the sound now and again.

• Members
Originally posted by Finn Bjerke

Go for the tele! Why ?

1. You can get an OK used tele for the money you have

2. resoes are difficult to produce, it demands a lot of manpower - so the inexpensive ones are usually crap. Fender resoe is a Joke.

Warning: Don

Archived