Building a guitar body...

voneville

• Members

I got as far as designing the body today. I'm most likely going to canibalise the neck from my spare tele and attempt my own later. The design is familiar, but not an outright copy of anything. Oddly enough, the dimensions are fairly close to a Tele. I could literally trim down a tele body to make this. I didn't trace or anything, I did it freehand. I guess that goes to show I'm a tele player at heart. I scored the pups and harness from a fellow HC forumite, not sure what they came from, but they look cool as hell. I'll probably trim the pickgaurd to match my contours a bit better. The Bigsby is a take off from an old guitar that I sold. Going to order the bridge and some alder for the body when I get back from my vacation next week. Anyway, here's the pic.

prototype002.jpg

If the pickups suck I might pick up some jag quarter pounders or P-90's.

• Members

If you want to make a nice clean outline, stop by office max or staples or somewhere like that and pick up a "French curve" - should be by their drafting supplies.

They're great for freehanding all kinds of nice smooth curves.

• Members

Originally posted by Funderbunk

If you want to make a nice clean outline, stop by office max or staples or somewhere like that and pick up a "French curve" - should be by their drafting supplies.

They're great for freehanding all kinds of nice smooth curves.

good advice, thanks!

Archived