tryin to steal danny gattons mojo

voneville

• Members

Agreed. No one will ever come close to the magic of that ACL performance. Beer spooging out the top of the bottle, spraying all over the fretboard...and he makes it sounds like he's doing it with a finger slide! WoW!

What's more amazing is when he rubs down his neck with the towel and continues to play. I don't think there's a guy here that could play through a towel without accidentally muting strings all over the place.

That beer bottle ad was most likely recorded with a finger slide and 'air played' with the bottle.

• Members

Originally posted by strangegrey

Agreed. No one will ever come close to the magic of that ACL performance. Beer spooging out the top of the bottle, spraying all over the fretboard...and he makes it sounds like he's doing it with a finger slide! WoW!

What's more amazing is when he rubs down his neck with the towel and continues to play. I don't think there's a guy here that could play through a towel without accidentally muting strings all over the place.

That beer bottle ad was most likely recorded with a finger slide and 'air played' with the bottle.

Ya, he had it "goin on'" for that performance. Good stuff:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by BootRoots

Its not like gatton was the only guy to use a beer bottle

Agreed, but I was actually refering to the idea of using it as an endoresment. That's what the "your label could be here" reference was about.

• Members

Originally posted by voneville

Agreed, but I was actually refering to the idea of using it as an endoresment. That's what the "your label could be here" reference was about.

gottcha. very cool gatton clip anyway. that towel thing is just crazy.

• Members

I was in the studio when Danny recorded that ACL thang... they cut about 3 minutes out of the middle of that slide solo thing - in fact he played about an hour's worth of songs. After foaming most of the beer out, and then finishing the bottle-off, and tossing it over his shoulder, he told a little story about the Custom Shop guy that helped him create his guitar, and how mad that guy would be about beer all over the guitar - so he got out the towel. "See, I'm keeping our guitar nice and clean...(wink)"

The thing I miss most about his music is his humor - from the 'commercial', to his love for TV theme songs, etc... he was a funny dude, and one of the few people able to make his music 'funny' sometimes.

Archived